Thursday, September 11, 2014

Who Am I?

I am often shocked by how hard it is for me to come up with a description of myself without it involving someone else. My go to is always "Babywearing, cloth diapering bed sharing mom of 3. Girlfriend to an amazing guy. " I mean, I am K1, K2 & Baby Pizza's mom. I am R's girlfriend. I am sort of crunchy with my parenting style. Those are all things that describe me. But are they really, me? Is there more to me than just those things? Or have I just became those things? I think I got lost somewhere along the way of this journey. I love those identifiers. I love being a mom, I love being a girlfriend. But I think I would also love being me. So maybe it's time to start looking into that. Finding more words to tell you who I am. Maybe even finding words to tell myself so I am. I think I need to find value in myself outside of others.

Self love. I guess that is really as important as everyone says. (Am I the only one that thinks of masturbation when you hear that? LOL.)

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I've done that too. And I think I noticed it on one of your intro posts, too.
    So what do you like? what would you choose to do with your time, if you had some?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think that is where the problem starts. Everything I do revolves around the kids or something to do with them. Most of my free time is spent talking about babywearing and cloth diapers. The only non-kid thing I do is read. And that is far and few between since every time I get settled in they want/need something.

      Delete