Thursday, January 7, 2016

And now...

We are officially a family of 6! JC made his debut on New Years Eve at 1:18 am. He was 5lbs 11 oz (according to the nurse but there is some speculation that that is off) & 18 inches. It was a fast, unmedicated birth with my boyfriend & best friend there as my support. It was such a different experience from the other 3 births!

Recovery has been different this time around too. Things aren't bouncing back as fast. Which I'm sure has more to do with the fact that I've had 3 babies in the last 4 years.

The kids are adjusting. The big girl thinks the house is too loud but the baby is the cutest. The little girl is having a lot of REALLY big feelings which is typical for a 3 year old. The big boy is... well, he's him. The rough and tough toddler boy you hear so much about. Into everything and slowly driving me nuts. But, we've survived a week so I'm calling it a win!

Things are still in the hurry up and wait phase. We're still looking for a place and still trying to see where we will end up next. It's nerve wracking. But, I also fully believe that we will find what is perfect for us and things will get better. Because, really, I guess things aren't that bad. We have a roof over our heads, we have food, we have 4 healthy and amazing kids. We may not have everything that we want but we have what we need. And that matters. It matters so damn much.

I'll try to update here more. But, I can't make any promises. I mean, I'm still having a hard time remembering to eat between all of the small humans' needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment