Monday, January 25, 2016

Out of sorts

I've been feeling out of sorts lately. I honestly don't feel like I know my ass from my elbow at this point. I'm trying to stay afloat amidst... life and somehow that's distancing me from things. I guess, in my attempt to stay afloat I'm also using a lot of things as a distraction. Leaning into the reality of my situation sounds overwhelming and I'm not sure if I can do it. But, that's the thing... I need to.

I think I need to step away from my distractions, practice some self care & re-center.

I'm stepping back from my social media. I'll still be on but probably not as much.

I'm going to start taking care of me. Unapologetically. I'm going to start doing more than just the basics.

I'm going to start being present for my family. I'm going to listen to my kids stories. I'm going to sing songs with them. And I'm going to sniff this baby as much as I can.

I'm going to still be here for my friends. I'm going to still speak up about the things I have been. But, I'm going to take some time for me. Some time for my family. Some time to recenter.

No comments:

Post a Comment