Sunday, September 11, 2016

Elsa and Anna Get a Make-over!

Like most small humans, my youngest daughter has Frozen Fever... STILL. How? I'm not sure. But, she does. Her 4th birthday was in July and we gifted her a set of Elsa and Anna dolls. A month of a half of daily use that often involves dirt, they dolls started looking a little rough. Their hair especially. (She might as well be Pig Pen, she is constantly covered in dirt. She even carries a blanket around with her.)
Today she came to me and asked me to help with Anna's hair. I was a little scared but figured Pintrest could help. I was mostly right. Pretty much every solution they had involved either wig shampoo (which I don't have) or fabric softener (which I also don't have.) But, by that point I had already promised that the dolls hair would be combed so I was kind of stuck...
I figured I might as well try shampoo and conditioner... I mean, I've had some luck combing the kids hair out with it.
Here's what I did:
1. This is Elsa and Anna in their before state. Quite sad. They're naked. They're clothes are somewhere in the house... but, much like my children, they rarely wear them.



2. We got their hair wet. I tried to be careful not to get their full bodies wet, but the 4 year old was helping so that was futile.

3. Next up, we shampooed. I always seem to have extra samples hanging out due to my thing beauty boxes. It helped get the dirt out & it smelled nice. So, that was helpful. After we got all of the dirt out we rinsed a few times to make sure the bubbles came out.

4. After we shampooed, we conditioned with the usual conditioner we use for our hair. I let it sit for about 30 minutes before trying to comb it. I was hoping it would help. I'm not sure if it did.


5. The conditioner sat and I was able to brush Anna's hair our rather easily. Her hair was mostly in braids which may be why. It combed out easily and looked pretty decent. Elsa's hair wasn't quite as simple. It took a little more work to comb her hair out and the ends looked like she needed a trim.


6. I let their hair dry, mostly. It was hard with an impatient 4 year old waiting (and the 2 year old trying to swoop in and swipe them.) I combed it one more time. Then up they went in pony tails. The 4 year old promptly asked for me to braid Anna's hair once I was done though. 



All in all, it worked. It wasn't the best and I may give the fabric softener a shot next time around. I'm sure the naked Barbies and tangled Ponies would appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting tale of Elsa and Anna. Moral of the story is... What works for other may not work for you. If you don't have it don't worry. Improvise! ��

    ReplyDelete