Friday, October 7, 2016

Yaro Ivy Blue Review

Wrap: Yaro Ivy Blue 
Material: 100% cotton
Size: 4.6/6 (Base +1)

Though I have heard a lot about Yaro, this was my first time trying out a Yaro. And, spoiler alert, I loved it! I'm super excited that Marsupial Mamas is now carrying them and especially since they are at such an amazing price point!
The wrap arrived in loom state & I couldn't get over how soft it was already. I kept petting it while I was waiting to get in the washer. And then it just got softer after I washed it. I was a bit skeptical about it because of how thin it is because I generally prefer thicker wraps. Though, I live in Southern California and we were in the middle of an end of summer heat wave most of the time it was here so I did most definitely appreciate how thin, lightweight and airy it is! It became my go to wrap on the hotter days because of that.

When wrapping with it, the first thing I noticed was the amount of diagonal stretch and microtecture that it has. If you haven't noticed, those are my two favorite wrap qualities. The wrap slid into place, hugged all of the right places then stayed there. It had the perfect amount of glide to get it where I wanted it and held in both a half knot and full knot in both front and back carries.

I tried it with all 3 kids that can go up. (9 months, 2 years, 4 years.) With the 9 month old, it was great in every carry I tried it in. Double Hammock, Front Wrap Cross Carry, Double Hammock with a Poppins finish, blah blah blah. I tried a lot of carries with it because I loved it. It did great with him. Actually, it was great with my 26 lb 2 year old as well. With the 4 year old it was best in multi-layer carries, other wise it got diggy after a bit, which I expected because of how thin it was.

Despite being thin and airy, the wrap is pretty tightly woven. Even with my every day use of it for a month or so, I didn't notice any pulls or broken threads. I just noticed it getting softer and easier to wrap with as time went on. So, I would say it isn't very pull prone. Which is always a good thing!

The biggest surprise for me is that it reminded me of a thinner version of Pavo Textiles' Sketchy. The texture and stretch were incredibly similar as well as the soapiness that mixed perfectly with the grip.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this wrap for people that like thin, airy, supportive wraps with diagonal stretch and great prices. It would make a great every day wrap. It would be best for newborn through about 25 or so pounds in any size and base or longer for any children bigger than that. It would be great for both new wrappers and experienced wrappers.






No comments:

Post a Comment