Thursday, February 2, 2017

Vanamo Rainbow

Name: Vanamo Rainbow
Type: Wrap
Material: 50% cotton 50% linen
Size: 4 (base -1)

I'm going to be honest with you, I've been avoiding writing this review. And before you think anything bad, it's because this is going to be one of the sweetest goodbyes. I mean, I may have to fight my two year old to get this wrap back in the package since he's claimed the wrap as his own. It has gotten us through some sickness, some two year old tantrums, some beach trips and  park trips. It has been there for us through good, bad and ugly. I mean, after all, who can resist smiling when such a stunning rainbow is around? Which is saying a lot for me because I generally dislike rainbows. But this one is just different. It is subtle but still very rainbow.

Anyway, enough of me waxing poetic. When the wrap initially came I was... well, I was not impressed. It had only been worn once and if you have ever felt new linen wraps, you know what I mean. It was rough and while not hard to wrap with, it also wasn't enough. The weave structure made it grippy so I had to work a little harder to get my passes in place. But, once I did, they were stuck. It made a great ruck wrap which is what I use most so I stuck with it. And man, it was worth it. After about 3 months of nearly every day use, it is butter. The grip in tightening that was once there is now smooth gliding passes that stay put. It is still an amazing ruck wrap too. Now that the passes glide easier it also makes an amazing chest pass. I absolutely adored it in a Double Hammock tied at shoulder. The knot wasn't diggy like most knots at the shoulder are for me. Due to the knot being comfortable, it also made an AMAZING torso carry.

Though this was my (30 lb) 2 year old's favorite, I also loved it with the (20 lb) baby. It didn't get diggy as I hear linen often does and pleats well. Plus, it's super soft once broken in which makes it great for blankets and other kinds of cuddles. It's light and airy which makes it great for warm climates and fun stuff like the beach. It was also quite nice to wear over a sweater thanks to the grip.

This wrap will most definitely be missed.









No comments:

Post a Comment