Wednesday, January 20, 2016

I'm exhausted. Like, I could fall asleep sitting here typing this despite the Venti Iced coffee & the fact that it isn't even 6 PM. The kids are screaming at each other & I could probably sleep through it because I am just that damn tired. But, I won't go to sleep just yet. The kids still need to eat. The house still needs to be cleaned. The boyfriend needs attention. And I should probably squeeze in some personal time... or a shower. A shower is probably a good idea. I'm tired from the chaos. From getting 8 hours of sleep at night but somehow waking up an average of 28 times a night (thanks FitBit!) I'm tired from constantly being on. Constantly dealing with other people's needs. Being everything for everyone always. 

The funny thing about it? I don't think I would change this for anything. We're adjusting better to being 6 instead of 5. Which I don't think we had fully adjusted to being 5 instead of 4, or 4 instead of 3. Time flew and these last 4 years have been busy. My house is filled with noise and a constant mess (like, seriously, how many times can I vacuum & pick up the damn toys a day?!) But, we're hitting a groove. We're making friends. We're getting out. We are hitting our new normal. Hopefully the new normal will include more sleep soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment